Thursday, September 4, 2008

We've Relocated

There have been technical difficulties with our hawleyhouse site since January, so I've finally decided to relocate (at least for now) to blogspot. It's been awhile since I've done this blog thing... we'll have to see if I remember how to do it.

We are heading into the second fall that I am not preparing lesson plans and learning kids' names. I have to say, there are many parts of teaching that I miss, but I wouldn't trade a moment of my time with Aidan right now to go back. I love my new job as momma to a very rambunctious, energized 1 1/2 year old. It's tired (especially since I'm 21 weeks pregnant), but it's so fun to watch him discover new things everyday.

A is doing great! He loves to play outside (he doesn't understand the concept of 95 degree days), and has a blast playing with the neighbor kids. It was a sad day when they all went back to school and A kept wandering up and down the street wondering where everyone was. He's so social and is completely in his element when there are other kids around, whether it's at the park, library story time or with his cousins.

P is also doing well. Summer is supposed to be a slow time for his job, but it continued to provide a steady amount of work for him, which was great. He has enjoyed a lot of time with his extended family this summer as we attended two weddings for his cousins and traveled to Kelley's Island for Memorial Day and Labor Day. It was fun to see P so excited to share KI, which is so full of memories for him, with A. He loved taking his little boy on the ferry and helping him get over the fear of water to enjoy splashing in the lake.

This fall will be a little unusually quiet as we are no longer leading Young Life for the first time since we both entered college. High School ministry and a 1 1/2 year old don't mix well, especially when the 1 1/2 year old is not a great sleeper. Though it's weird to have a week go by without multiple sporting events to attend and Bible Studies to plan, we know that chapter of our lives is closed for now and we are excited to see where God leads us next.

So, there's an update on the Hawley Clan. We are anxiously looking forward to Baby #2, who will join us in early January (or if this one is anything like A, we may get to meet the baby in November!). I'll try to keep this updated, and I'll let everyone know when/if thehawleyhouse.com is back up and running.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yeah, I'm glad you're back! I've missed the updates and pictures.