I know I just posted a few examples, but seriously, the things these kids say are so funny. C especially is at this age where he is learning bigger words and concepts but not understanding them completely.
-Today, we were at a local church that keeps their lobby open to the public all day, every day. They have a kid's area to play and we go there frequently in the winter to burn energy. Today, we were walking around and A said, "Let's play 'Simon Says'. I'll be Simon." C, not wanting to be left out, quickly added, "Okay. I'll be Says."
-For a special treat, we trekked out tonight to Graeter's. They have a little birthday room near the back, and as we were leaving, A chose to walk through that room instead of through the hall. He came out a back door, and C exclaimed as though he were completely astonished that A was able to get back out to the hallway, "Well, isn't that a-maz-ing!"
-Getting ready for bed, they wanted to read an article from a magazine instead of a book, but they couldn't agree on which article. C was trying to convince A that they should choose the "Find It" page where you search for hidden pictures, but A wanted a story. His argument was that there weren't any words on the "Find It" page. C countered with this, "A... there ARE words. Do you trust me?" It was funny to hear those words come out of his mouth that I have uttered to him SO many times. Hearing your own voice in your kids' words is always shocking for some reason.
-Last one... This one was A. For some reason my kids were into celebrating Christmas. We were singing a lot of Christmas carols today (yes, I know it's February), including Rudolph. After the song was over, A thought he should impart some wisdom to his brother. So the lesson began: "C, do you know who George Washington is? He was the first president of the United States." As if on cue, C chimed in with, "Go Buckeyes." It took me a second to catch the connection. I was laughing to hard to explain to him that the difference between the United States and Ohio State.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing these precious stories. You will be so glad that you took the time to write them down. Of course, the boys will totally deny any claim to these comments when they get older!
Post a Comment