Friday, December 10, 2010

I can't believe I never posted this story! Usually, I stick to stories about the boys because they tend to be the funniest, but this still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

A few weeks ago, P went to a business meeting to meet a man someone else had recommended he talk to for networking purposes. He was honest about his position in life right now. He talked about how he isn't motivated by money and would rather do something he is passionate about. He communicated how he doesn't love sales, but would do it if it was for the right company/product. After about 5 min of conversations like this, the man just stared at P with a confused look and said, "Well, I don't think this job is the right match for you." P was now equally confused. He mentioned their connection and why he was there, and the man said, "Oh, I am sorry. I am interviewing three people today for a sales job!" I still wonder what that many must have been thinking for the first 5 min!

No comments: