-We are battling sickness yet again. C has some nasty stomach bug. I'll spare you the details, but it's been three straight days of not venturing too far from the house for fear of the mess that could come at any moment. Poor kiddo is doing a little better each day, but still far from being well. He was actually playing today, but he is so drained and isn't eating much. So far no one else has gotten this bug, and I'm praying that continues because...
-This coming weekend P and I are going to be kid-free! My sweet, sweet parents have volunteered to watch the boys for the weekend so we can get away for the first time in 3 1/2 years. We aren't venturing far. Actually, we'll just be downtown Cincy, but we'll be staying in a hotel overlooking Fountain Square. But there's so much to do downtown that we never get to do. I am so excited!
-Despite his sickness, C is amazingly cute. He has two new favorite phrases. "Almost" as in "C, it's time for naps." "Almost" or "C, are you finished eating that?" "Almost" His other favorite is "Can't see" as in "Mommy, can't see candy!" "Yes, I know. I hid the Halloween candy on purpose. That's why you can't see it." or "Mommy, can't see skid steer loader." "I know... we passed the construction site two miles ago."
-A has had a rough few days. He NEEDS to be outside running around a LOT. But with C being sick, we can't venture too far. Despite his stir-craziness, he's spent a lot of time playing by himself over the past few days, which is not one of his strengths. It was fun to see him dump his entire bucket of train tracks out and build a huge track by himself. It even looped under the couch leg and had two bridges. I was pretty impressed.
That's about it for us. Kind of a slow weekend. Not much to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment