Thursday, November 4, 2010

-Once a month I have to lose something really important, like my car keys. This gives me the motivation I need to clean my entire house from top to bottom. Organized pots and pans cupboards. Dusted every shelf in our house. Sorted through toy boxes. Literally every inch of our house got cleaned yesterday. Oh, and I found my keys... in a pile of leaves outside.

-I used to love the fall time change. It meant an extra hour of sleep! Who wouldn't love that? But now, I dread it. Seriously D-R-E-A-D it. My kids are earlybirds. C gets up around 6... if we are lucky. Sometimes earlier. For those of you not so good at math, that would put us at at 5am wake up every day once the time changes! Ugh! That doesn't even count as morning in my mind. So this year, we are thinking ahead. We are prepping for the time change. We've been putting the kids to bed a little later each night for the past few weeks and trying to eat meals a little later, too. I am really hoping this will prevent my kids getting up at 4:30 am on the day of the time change. It's made for a few long days. A has even been taking naps a few times a week because he's been so tired. But, I am hopeful that it will work. We'll see.