Monday, February 1, 2010

Where did the week go?

Man, time can sure fly by and yet go slow at the same time. We haven't been up to much, but before I know it, a week has gone by. I guess it's about time to update.

-First, C has two new words! He can say "hi" and "cracker". I am amazed! Maybe it's not that odd for a kid his age (actually, I think it's right on track), but A didn't learn to talk for so long, that it caught me off guard. He's so proud of himself. Those two words and his handful of signs help him communicate so well.

-Second, A learned to do the robot dance. It's hysterical. He busted it out at library story time today and made my friend crack up. He makes me laugh so much!

-Next, potty training is still going. We are kind of in a rut. I'm trying to venture outside the house more without a diaper on A, but it's so cold that I'm afraid an accident would be way too uncomfortable. So, we are still working on it mostly at home.

-Pre-school. I can't believe I'm looking into preschool options. He can't possibly be old enough!! After the initial sticker shock I have found a few that are much more "reasonable" and close by. Of course, I missed the boat for one of them... I had no idea how far ahead you have to plan for these things! I am a little torn because as I look at the curriculum of many preschools, A knows almost everything on them. It's hard to think of paying a ton of money to send him to learn something he already knows. But, I know he needs the social aspect, and he definitely needs time away from his mommy. Talk about a momma's boy! I'm hoping we can get into one that is literally two blocks away. Of course, who knows if we'll still be here in September or if we'll be somewhere else.

That's about it. I know... the excitement of our lives can be overwhelming ! :) But I love just spending time with the boys. They are always learning something new and doing something to make me laugh (or cry... but usually laugh).

No comments: