Saturday, February 13, 2010

How Did I Forget My Camera?

Today, we started our morning by heading to the Reds Hall of Fame Museum. I admit when I had first decided to take P for Father's Day a few years ago, it sounded pretty boring. I thought I would be a martyr that day and sacrifice my day to do something my hubby would enjoy. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very interactive museum. There is a pitching cage that clocks your speed, you can be an umpire, catch pop flies on an outfield wall, wear Reds uniforms, watch blooper reels, and be in the press box calling memorable moments in Reds history while being "broadcasted". The best part is that NO ONE knows about it! We've now been three times, and have only seen maybe one other family during each trip. The kids have can run free and play with whatever they want.

Today there was another dad with his two kids (4 and 7). A LOVED playing baseball with them. He was adorable sporting his Barry Larkin jersey and oversized glove. And, I think he met the girl of his dreams. Little 4 year old Kate stole his heart. He cried the whole way home that he wanted her to come to our house for lunch, and he would randomly sigh and say out loud, "What is Kate doing?" I finally convinced him that the next time we see Kate, we can invite her to come to our house. This may come back to haunt me, but I am playing the odds that we will never run into her again, especially because she lives in KY. Both boys had a blast and would have stayed there all day if we could. The best part is, the price of admission gets you a ticket that is good for the remainder of the year! We'll head back there again soon, I'm sure.

After naps, we packed up the kids and headed to our library. A man came to do an African Drum demonstration. It was a lot of fun, and at the end, he let the kids play the instruments (drums and all kinds of shakers, thumb pianos, triangles, etc.). Both A and C had a great time. I was amazed at how focused they were and how long they sat and listened, though A continued to inch closer to the instrument table while glancing at me to see if I was watching.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to either event! I know, I should be fired. So no pictures, but trust me, it was a great day. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and heading to bed. I left the library with a migraine, which I'm sure had nothing to do with the group of kids pounding on drums! I'm going to try to get some extra sleep tonight in hopes of having a headache free day tomorrow.

No comments: