Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. I have to admit I am in survival mode right now. The boys aren't sleeping, and the time change sure didn't help. C and I have been up since 5 am... which feels like 4 am our body time. Ugh! It's hard to function with so little sleep, so just the basics are getting done... and those are barely getting done.

On top of that, I have committed to too many things. Not bad things, and not huge things, but each small commitment takes an hour or so a week. Those hours add up when I only have one quiet hour during the day. Plus the lack of sleep is causing A to be extremely needy. He's pretty needy anyway, but this is just kicking his neediness up to a whole new level. I can't be out of the room for 30 seconds before I'm being paged. He's a little shadow following me around and asking questions that he knows the answer to just to hear his own voice. So draining.

In the midst of all of this, I'm praying for the right perspective. I know that the day will come not too long from now that A will choose his friends over me and my opinion won't be on his priority list. So I'm trying to cherish these days. Trying.

A sweet friend reminded me the other day that everyone has bad weeks at work. It's the same for stay-at-home moms. Some weeks are just harder than others. But this too shall pass.

So there you have it... a quick post while the boys finish up their pbj's. I have so much more to blog about, but that's it for now. And I fully intend to nap this afternoon so the blog will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

michelle said...

hope you got a nap today!!