I have claimed for years that A is the pickiest eater on the planet, but I feel like over the last few weeks, maybe he is giving up claim to this title, at least a little. The past two days alone, he has eaten:
Melon
Pears
Apple
Carrots (cooked)
Carrots (raw) dipped in hummus (he actually REQUESTED this for a snack!!)
Shredded bbq pork sandwich
Braised short ribs! He had to dip it in ketchup, but he ate every single bite without complaint!!
I know this may not seem monumental to anyone else, but we are talking about the kid that lived off of dairy and carbs for three and a half straight years. He's been telling me since December that once he turns 4, he'll try more foods! I guess since we are less than two weeks away from the big birthday, he is ready to try. Hooray! Makes for more enjoyable meals with less stress, less fighting and fewer tears.
2 comments:
Kids sure keep life interesting! Glad to hear A is expanding his eating choices. Someday when he is a teenager eating you out of house and home, you will look back on this blog and try to remember the days of carbs and dairy.
Haha, it cracks me up that he's been telling you he'll try new foods when he turns 4. What? Where did he come up with that? He is so funny.
Post a Comment