Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Misconceptions

A is such a smart kid, that sometimes I forget he's only three (almost 4). Today, though, he made a few comments that made me smile and remember that even though there is so much he understands, he still has a looooong way to go.

1- We went to the zoo today, and they were putting up solar panels. Of course, Mr. Nosy had to know what the construction was all about. I tried to explain how the panels take the energy from the sun and turn it into electricity. He got a very sad look on his face and said, "Oh... I guess that's why the sun isn't shining very much anymore. They are taking all of the energy from the sun."

2-On our way home from the zoo, he all of a sudden got super excited as though he just had the world's best idea. He said, "Mom, someday when I grow up, I want to be a penguin."

3- Later, we were playing Chutes and Ladders... his FAVORITE game. He picked out the playing pieces for each of us because "they matched." I was a little confused because one was an Asian-looking girl and the other was a boy with brown skin. So, I asked, "You want our pieces to match? Do these two really match?" He looked at me shaking his head and practically rolling his eyes and said, "Mooomm. They both have pointy shoes. See?"

1 comment:

Lauren said...

He's so cute - I was just telling Kevin how last night when "Lord of the Rings" came up and you said it was a movie for adults his response was, "Well, maybe when I'm older...like 4 or 5, I might want to see it then." It made us excited for the funny little things our little girl will say one day:)