Thursday, September 16, 2010

Res-o-aloe-bee

With the start of school, we have reached a stage when P and I are no longer the sole authorities in A's life. I know that kids often see their teachers as infallible, but it's so funny to see this in our sweet little boy.

Despite the tears every morning, he's really having a great time at school. Lately, he's been singing some songs that he's learned at school. My favorite today was:

(sung to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell)

"Res-o-aloe-bee. Res-o-aloe-bee.
Taking care of you and me.
Res-o-aloe-bee."

After hearing this confusing song a few times, it finally clicked with me what his teachers must have been saying. I told A that his teachers were probably saying "responsibility" and maybe he just misheard them. His response:

(invision the eyes rolling, and hear the voice of a teenager)
Moooooom, it's res-o-aloe-bee. You weren't there. You were all the way back here, so you didn't hear them.

No amount of debate could sway his opinion on this! Little Mr. Independent was convinced that I was clueless. Too funny!

No comments: