Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sorry it's been so long!  The days are long, but flying by at the same time.  I'll try to update:

-I taught my first piano lesson this week!  Once a week, we will be heading back to our old stomping grounds and teaching piano to two girls that used to be our next door neighbors.  The greatest part is that A and C get to come with me.  A LOVES these kids and hasn't gotten to play with them since the big move.  As we pulled up yesterday, I was expecting a whole slew of tough questions about why we weren't going into our old house.  But I was surprised!  A told me "you passed it mommy" when I parked in front of our neighbors' house instead of pulling in the old driveway, but I reminded him we don't live there anymore.  That was it.  No tears. No tough questions.  Yeah!  And he had a blast playing with the kids!

-The only way I was able to pull him away from piano lessons was because our friend Miss Christie was coming over!  Christie is a wonderful friend of mine.  She just graduated from Purdue and got a job as an engineer at GE (she's way smarter than I am!).  We have a new deal set up where every week, she's coming over on Tuesdays.  One week, she and I will hang out (yeah for girl time without kids!), and the next week, she'll watch the kids so P and I can hang out!  So, for the first time in I don't even know how long, P and I went out to dinner yesterday for no reason with no kids!  It was great!  Thanks Chris!!!

-We are getting more and more settled.  If this ridiculous heat would break, we could spend more time outside, but we're surviving inside for now.  I know, I shouldn't complain.  After all, it is August.  

-When I was in college, one of my roomies used to keep old bananas in the freezer with the intent of baking with them.  It became an inside joke because the pile of bananas would take over the freezer.  But, I can no longer joke with her.  Today I made two loaves of banana bread and 1 1/2 dozen banana cupcakes!  And there are still enough bananas in the freezer for two more batches!  

-This is random, but it was pretty funny.  I put the boys in the bath today and A immediately says, "uh oh".  I look, and a stream of pee is hitting C in the forehead!  At least it was at the beginning of the bath!

-Baby C is no longer toothless!  He has 4 (yes... that's right... 4) teeth popping through.  Two have just broken the surface and the other two are ready to bust through any day.  He has been MISERABLE so we are all looking forward to the arrival of these teeth and hopefully the return of sweet, happy C.  


1 comment:

A, E, e, a said...

Kristen...I love the bathtub description! I need to hear more about boys like that! =) Glad C's teeth are coming though...Ainsley has four 'in process' right now, too...poor things!