Monday, August 31, 2009
Amazima
I don't know this girl, but I have been following her blog based on the suggestion of a dear friend of mine. Let me sum up the story of her life for you real quickly. She is 20 (I think) and has left her family and the love of her life in the US to move to Uganda. She started a non-profit to help pair people in US with kids in Uganda to provide schooling. Now, this organization provides 350 kids with two meals a day and Christ-based education to hopefully break the poverty cycle. She has also adopted 13 girls that she cares for in her home. I can't imagine being a mom at 20, much less a mom to 13! Her life is difficult, her heart is beautiful, and I highly recommend checking out this most recent post at her blog here. I am still trying to process it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment