Saturday, October 4, 2008
Bonfire
We went to a church potluck dinner/bonfire tonight, and it was so cute to see A interact with other kids. He showed no fear and just jumped in with a group of kids about his age and started playing with them. I am learning to step into a new role as more of a supervisor than a playmate. At home, I am still A's number one friend, but when other kids are around, he becomes so much more independent. I can watch from a distance (unless he's attempting some superman-type feat). It's freeing, that's for sure! I can actually carry on a conversation with another adult with few distractions, but I am still glad that he needs his momma. I'm not ready for him to be completely independent yet. I am learning to savor each moment of cuddling and each time he comes running to show his momma something. This truly is a fun age... a good balance of neediness and independence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment