The theme was Valentine's Day. We spent a lot of time on Monday preparing our Valentines for a party on Tuesday at our Homeschool Art and Gym class.
We bought a van, which has been on my to-do list since October. That led to our first two days of "Car-schooling." I've heard stories of people doing school on the run, but didn't think that would ever be us. But it was. Never say "Never!" The kids actually liked it and got a lot of work accomplished. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis, but it worked when we needed it to.
We made a few Valentine's art projects to go along with our usual work. They turned out really beautiful!
And that was the end of the week. I learned a lot this week. I was most excited to realize that we can actually still accomplish school when life gets crazy hectic. I don't think I could keep it up for too long, but I was very thankful that we still accomplished work and the kids still learned in the midst of a very different schedule than normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment