When we were at the park the other day, an older friend of A's told us how he had learned to ride a bike with no training wheels. He wanted A to watch as he demonstrated his new skill. Since he is completely visual, A studied his friend with a very intense gaze, then stated, "I think I can do that." He sat down on his friend's bike pushed off and just like that... we have a biker in our family! I had prepped myself for weeks of chasing behind his bike with an aching back, bandaging up scrapes from his many falls. But seems like we have breezed right by this milestone.
Now I know I'm his mom, so I'm a little biased, but I am pretty impressed that he picked it up so quickly... seriously, he just jumped on and took off! And he's only 4 1/2... I wasn't expecting this for a few more years. Way to go, A. We are so proud of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment