A few years ago, I started following a blog called kissesfromkatie. She doesn't update as often these days (after all, she's 21 and has 14 adoptive daughters!), but I love when she does. Here's a quote from today that I loved.
Maybe I will never sleep past 7:00 in the morning and maybe I will never have time to brush my hair and maybe I will never be able to eat a full meal without getting up and down a million times. It’s worth it. Maybe it will always take me twice as long to do everything and maybe I will never have a really clean house and maybe my days of staying out late with friends are over. It’s worth it. Anything I have to give up is worth just that one minute when they look at me and call me, “Mom,” when those little hands grab mine and those big eyes look at me as if I hold the keys to the world. It’s worth it.
2 comments:
I love KissesfromKatie! I finished reading her blog and then came over to yours only to find that you'd been reading (and loving) it too:) Love you sis!
good perspective! i haven't read her blog in a while. i'll have to go check it out.
Post a Comment