Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You know it's going to be a long day when you are out of patience before you even get out of bed. That's how my day started at 6:30. C's got a molar or 4 coming in (I can't get a good enough look), so he had a rough night. Fever, runny nose, lots of crying. So after a long night with little sleep, we had a morning full of whining, tears, whining, fighting and more whining. I finally dragged the kiddos out to the park at 10:30 for an hour. It was so nice. They had a blast and got to play with a group of 4 kids ages 4 and under that were hanging out at the park, too. It was so much fun. Of course, as we got back home, they were tired and hungry, so more whining and crying.

Then after naps it we trudged back to our old neighborhood and the boys got to play outside with the neighbor kids while I taught piano lessons. Again, they are so happy when they are outside! So we had a picnic dinner on the porch, which was great. They were happy and got a decent amount of food in their bellies. Hopefully enough to keep them asleep all night.

Especially on days like today, I am SO thankful for the sun. I am not sure that we would have all made it through this day if it weren't for the chance to get outside and enjoy God's beautiful creation. I guess God knows how much we can handle.

No comments: