Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let it Snow!

I laughed this morning when schools were called off and there was no snow coming down! (I grew up outside of Chicago, and we would get feet of snow and still walk to school.) But, as it turns out, the forecasters got the weather correct for today. The snow has been coming down hard since about 9:00 this morning. It's beautiful! I figure if it's going to cold, it might as well snow. We are going to try to go outside and go sledding after naps this afternoon. It kind of messes up our new adventure, though.

I decided that since we are going to be snowed in for awhile (Cincy doesn't have the tools to deal with snow like this so the city just shuts down), we started potty training boot camp today. A basically is running around "nakey" (no pants) with a pair of my thick socks pulled up past his knees. It's pretty cute, and he thinks it's the greatest thing ever. He's done great so far. Only one accident, and it was kind of my fault. He was in time out and told me he had to pee. He had just pulled the same excuse a little earlier as a way to get out of being in time out. I figured he was doing the same thing, so I didn't go to get him. Turns out, he really did have to pee. Oh, well. One accident isn't bad at all.

The plan was to be nakey for three days except at naps/sleep time. But, we'll have to take a break from boot camp to go sledding. I can't let him miss this snow. He's been wanting to use C's new sled since he got it for his birthday, and the temperature is in the 20s instead of the single digits.

I'll try to take some snow pics, but if it's still coming down this hard, I don't think I can take my camera out. It'll get soaked.

No comments: